Friday, October 10, 2008

ravelry



Yikes. I joined up. For non-knitters, ravelry is like an intravenous drug for knitters and crocheters. There are thousands of members around the globe. People post patterns, suggestions on yarn supplies, share in forums, post photos of finished projects, and generally indulge their fiber fantasies in a virtual, yet surprisingly tactile space. I am late to the party and probably a little overwhelmed with the expansive options, but it is a start and I am hoping it will help me with my perplexing issues with the new needle techniques. Last night I began a scarf on good old single end needles in a basic stitch to satiate my need for fast and rhythmic knitting that can be done while talking, watching tv, etc. FYI, my tag is dwellurban.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

alright, so i can't find you on ravelry :( can you find me? i'm greenbojo ...