Wednesday, October 29, 2008

gift giving season

The season is nearly upon us! I have a number of my gifts made, purchased, in the works, but if you don't, check out these two upcoming events to support local artisans. The first one is local to Rochester, Second Storie Indie Market, to be held at the Visual Studies Workshop in late November. I attended one in February and really enjoyed it. Delightful work by some seriously talented men and women. The second, in Albany and Troy, is GiveHANDMADE and I will be selling Five40B items there the first weekend in December. I am less familiar with this event, but it seems to be shaping up to be a nice way to get into the local market.

Last night I stayed up late setting up the studio. It is aching for a few more projects. GiveHANDMADE should be just the thing to get that going! Of course, my knitting will take a hit, but oh well. I am also working on a family gift project based on our trip to London, more soon!

No comments: