Friday, February 1, 2008

friday feature














This being my first Friday at dwell.urban, I have decided to kick-off a weekly feature and keep it up as long as it lasts. Friday posts will share an event or activity that is happening that day or over the weekend. Mondays may follow-up with a picture or two. Posting on Saturdays may be a bit tough for awhile given that I am still between homes, temporarily having staked my claim on my old bedroom from high-school while editing. Sundays are always a day off for me, including from the internets. friday feature it is.

Today's event is second storie indie craft mart. My mom and I will be headed downtown to Spot coffee this evening to check out the offerings of distant and local artisans. I missed the last event in Rochester, so since I am here this time, we will be braving the ice and snow to attend. With over 27 vendors, there is sure to be a grand array of handcrafted items for gifts and home. I have been visiting the Pistachio Press etsy shop lately to longingly gaze at the gorgeous letterpress notecards featured above. Hoping they will be bringing some along tonight. It is much harder for me to open my wallet and find my credit card and order online than it is for me to walk away from a well designed minor indulgence that is at arm's length! If you are in town, please join us at Spot Coffee on East Avenue. Free parking in the East End garage or on the street. We'll be there around 7:30 although it starts at 6 and runs till 10. Support artists and keep some of your hard earned cash in our local economy while taking home something lovely.

It has already dawned gray and miserable here with Upstate's finest "wintry mix"--some snow, some sleet, some rain and lots of cold. Thankfully, the promise of a crafty evening out will interrupt the monotony.

No comments: