Tuesday, April 29, 2008

back to reality







Basically, I'm a little slow in getting back to reality after being away last week. And, I'm still reveling in the trip. Scholarship, cities, good friends, warm sun, roadtrip CDs, gelato...what you might ask does gelato have to do with Urban Studies or a person who cannot consume dairy?

The answer is Pitango Gelato.

They have sorbet. Non-dairy, organic, delicious sorbet. Locally cultivated, nothing artificial. In Fells Point in Baltimore. Oh my gosh. Of course, there is a price tag to match, but, mojito sorbet? With real mint? Please.

I had 1/2 and 1/2: Tangerine and Mojito. My traveling companion selected Bourbon Vanilla and Coconut reports that the dairy choices are just as tasty. Must find an equivalent in or near the Capital District. If you know of one, please post below--the summer is swiftly approaching and I need to not loathe ice cream eaters--much better to find my own indulgent treat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pitango was going to open a shop in DC this spring, but it's been delayed. Not sure why.

Next time, try the Concord Grape. Tastes like real grapes.