Friday, December 19, 2008

new artform



I have ventured into many areas of art and design, but until this week I've never jumped into jewelry making. However, when I was selling at giveHANDMADE I was placed next to two women who make lovely necklaces and earrings and they convinced me to give it a try. $15 worth of supplies later, I am into it. Some modest earrings to begin with. Nothing too elaborate yet. I am fairly sure that I have some bracelets with beads that could work and other beaded necklaces that could be dismantled and recycled into more fashionable pieces. A lot of this has been trial and error trying to determine what hangs nicely, how big is too big, and what combination of beads work together. Troy has a bead store overflowing with options and Little Falls recently added one as well. I have a feeling this is going to be a fine indulgence for months to come. Competition for the knitting and drawing.

As you can see from the photos my camera and I are still battling over the zoom function.





1 comment:

Patti said...

You made those? Now I know who to special order earrings from--you know how picky I am! These are really tasteful. We are going to have to clone you in order to benefit from all of that creativity inside.