Monday, August 4, 2008

tea with you

The British propensity for tea is legendary. I cannot say that I've completely rejected my daily cups of java for the lighter fare, but I did enjoy a variety of teas and tea service while abroad. Scones have long been a favorite of mine and so, while traveling, I simply indulged that taste more often!







My mom and sister-in-law took me to the Orangery in Kensington Gardens for my birthday, celebrated with a high tea. This spread shows just how perfect an afternoon can be with a good cup and a berry meringue. I tried to locate the tea I had that day, hibiscus rose hip. Little luck, but did find something comparable at Harrod's later that week. Certainly has satiated my appetite for the flavor many a morning these last few days. And, I've been using my thrifted tea pot to boot!

1 comment:

Patti said...

What kind was it at Harrods? I looked, and even asked the man behind the bulk tea counter for hibiscus tea. I was told they have none! I am hoping you purchased some, for your 30 days of birthday observed sadly will not include that gift.